Pages

music monday: Lana Del Rey

Monday, January 13, 2014


So, I've been watching a lot of Scandal lately. Post-Scandal marathon, I've become a complete conspiracy theorist and obsessed with all things presidential. When combining conspiracy theories and presidents, my mind immediately jumps to JFK (my mind can pretty much tie anything to JFK, because, well…JFK).

Speaking of JFK, one of my favorite videos this year was Lana Del Rey's National Anthem. The video depicts Lana playing a combo of Marilyn/Jackie and, wait for it…A$AP Rocky as JFK, because what's more presidential than gold teeth? It's like they made a bullet point list of all the things I love the most and found a way to combine them in a music video.

Can we also take just a moment here to acknowledge/appreciate how I tied this whole thing together: Scandal >Conspiracy Theories>Presidents>JFK>A$AP Rocky>Lana Del Rey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground